Monday, July 16, 2007

Laptop to Desktop

After getting my new MacBook, I came up with the idea of converting my old Inspiron 5160 to a desktop. Of course it was not a revolutionary idea and thinking so I started looking for ways others have done it. Unfortunately I could not find a proper pointer to go about it. After much "googling", I found the key. It seems much of the process can be accomplished by the help of these panel mount cables. These cables lets you extend your laptop ports to the back of a desktop cabinet and come with all the nuts and bolts you shall need to make it easy. Of course there are other things that you will have to figure out, specially the power button and the LEDs.

3 Comments:

Blogger runnerfrog said...

A Docking Dtation is not good for that function?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an alternative. But my 5160 was giving me a very bad heating problem, so I had to rip it off its casing and accomodate it in a desktop chassis.

10:44 AM  
Blogger ad said...

what a strange idea !!! anyway hope you had a lot of fun.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home